Where to Stay Near Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Studios Hollywood™ is an exciting theme park that offers attractions and thrills available for the whole family to enjoy. If you are traveling from out of state, or another town in Los Angeles, you will need to book accommodation before you arrive.
Hotel Safety Tips
Going on vacation is fun and exciting, it is a time to relax and let your hair down, but as well as having a good time, you also want to make sure that you are safe. Here are a few hotel safety tips:
- Your Luggage: After a long flight and possibly a long drive or taxi ride from the airport, you are going to be tired and ready to go to bed. This is understandable, but it is important that you stay alert and keep an eye on your luggage. Thieves are always lurking about, especially at tourist destinations, so make sure that you always keep your luggage with you.
- Your Room: If possible, ask for a room that’s not on the ground floor because they are easy targets for thieves. Safety experts recommend that you stay between the third and the sixth floor which is high enough for thieves to want to avoid, and low enough, so that fire engine ladders have easy access.
- Your Personal Items: Most people bring personal items such as a laptop, tablet, or other electronics. Make sure you lock these items away in the safe when you leave to go out. It is also advised that you carry your passport with you because in the unfortunate event that your room is targeted by a thief, the last thing you need is to end up stranded.
- Choose a safe area: Don’t compromise on safety because prices are discounted. Hollywood is a fantastic location, but there are also some areas you will want to stay away from. Do some research into the location you are booking your hotel to ensure that it is not a high crime area.
List of Nearby Hotels
Here is a partial list of hotels that are located no more than three miles from Universal Studios Hollywood™ .
- Hilton Los Angeles: The Hilton Los Angeles is located in Universal City, 0.2 miles from Universal Studios Hollywood™.
- Hollywood Hotel: Hollywood Hotel is located on North Highland Drive, 2.6 miles from Universal Studios Hollywood™.
- Tilt Hotel: Tilt Hotel is located on Cahuenga Blvd West, 0.7 miles from Universal Studios Hollywood™.
- Sheraton Universal Hotel: The Sheraton Hotel is in Universal City, 0.3 miles from Universal Studios.
- BLVD Hotel and Spa: BLVD Hotel and Spa is in Studio City, 0.6 miles from Universal Studios Hollywood™.
- The Garland Hotel: The Garland Hotel is in North Hollywood, one mile from Universal Studios Hollywood™.
- Nite Inn: The Nite Inn is in Studio City, half a mile from Universal Studios Hollywood™.
There are some people who for whatever reason simply don’t like staying in hotels. Or there are people who can’t afford to stay in a hotel and are looking for something less expensive. Not to worry, there is alternative accommodation if you prefer.
- Vacation Rentals and Timeshares: Some people either live in more than one location and may stay in another state or country during certain times of the year. They will often rent out their property while they are away. A timeshare is a property where ownership has been divided. Each owner is allocated a certain time of year where they can stay at the property.
- Home and Apartment Rentals: Airbnb offers a wide range of decent accommodations that are often less expensive than a hostel dorm. Homeowners advertise their property on the website for rental, pictures, and reviews are available so you can do your own research before booking. Whether you are looking for a spacious home or one room, you will find it with Airbnb.
- Academic Housing: Maybe you are a student or on a tight budget and don’t mind the idea of living in a dorm. Colleges typically rent out their rooms during vacation period when students have gone back to their hometowns. Prices per night are discounted and will fit the lowest of budgets.
- Hostels: Hostels are a great way to save money, for a little bit of extra cash, you can have an ensuite room. Otherwise, you get your own room, but you will have to share a bathroom.
How to Get the Best Hotel Deals
You don’t need to burn holes in your pockets to stay at a nice hotel. There are plenty of hotels that offer discount prices on their rooms.
Here are some tips and tricks to assist you in finding the best prices for your trip to Universal Studios Hollywood™.
- Business Hotels: If you are planning on traveling during the summer, stay at a business hotel, this is because business typically slows down during the summer months which is why prices are often less expensive
- Get a Corner Room: If you want a large hotel room but you don’t want to pay extra money for it, ask for a corner room when you get to the hotel. They are typically bigger, and you won’t have to pay any extra for it.
- Book Your Hotel with Your Flight: It is often less expensive when you book a flight together with a hotel. Not only will you save on the hotel, but you will also save on the flight.
- Loyalty Programs: If you are a frequent traveler, sign up for a loyalty program. After you have racked up enough points, you get benefits such as lower room rates, an extra night for free, free items, exclusive access to events, and much more.
- Price Drop Alerts: Looking for a discounted hotel can be time-consuming, if your schedule won’t allow you to keep an eye on hotel prices, sign up for price alerts through websites that provide hotel bookings. When prices drop, they will email you.
- Download an App: There are several apps that search the web for the least expensive hotel prices.
- New Hotels: New hotels have got a lot of competition; they will typically have good deals available in an attempt to win new customers.
- Coupon Codes: Most people don’t think they can use coupons to book a hotel room. But there are websites that have a whole section of coupon codes for travelers. They generally include discounts on hotels and flights.
The best way, however, to get a great discount on your hotel is by booking your room through an agency like aRes Travel. aRes Travel can not only get you a great deal on a room, but can also bundle the cost of the room with ticket packages that help make your vacation much more affordable.
Regardless of your income bracket, it is possible for you to stay in a luxury hotel and remain within your budget. You might have to do some work to find the best rate, but it will be well worth the extra vacation spending money you will have available!
For exclusive deals on discounted Universal Studios Hollywood™ hotels, and some of the lowest prices on travel, call 1 (800) 434-7894 (international callers use +1 (619) 546-5622) to speak with an aRes Travel planning expert seven days a week, or book online now.