Top 15 Rides at Cedar Point
Located on Lake Erie, Cedar Point offers the best roller coasters and adventure rides in Ohio. Opened in 1870, it is the second-oldest amusement park in the United States and features a world-record of 72 rides. From the extreme speeds on the roller coasters to the joyful family rides, Cedar Point has something for everyone to enjoy!
For the best Cedar Point package ticket deals for you and your family, head to aRes Travel to start your adventure.
Cedar Point is home to 17 roller coasters that will have your blood pumping and your heart pounding. Some of our favorites include:
- Corkscrew: Featuring the world’s first three inversion roller coaster, the Corkscrew will turn you up, down, inside out and back around again. Flipping at 48 miles per hour, this two-minute ride will have your heart racing.
- GateKeeper: Take flight on the back of a golden griffon as you soar at 67 miles per hour through narrow obstacles and dive headfirst down 170 feet, the highest inversion of all roller coasters.
- Magnum XL-200: As A Guinness Book of World Record Holder, the Magnum XL-200 was the first roller coaster to break 200-feet in height, and in 1989, when it was built, it was also the fastest and steepest complete-circuit coaster in the world. Not only will this ride blow you away with its aerodynamics, but you will also be greeted by incredible views of the Lake Erie shoreline.
- Wicked Twister: Strap in and get ready, because, on the Wicked Twister, you will be slingshot at 72 miles per hour to a maximum height of 206 feet. It might be a short ride, but the adrenaline rush on the Wicked Twister will have you coming back again and again.
- Millennium Force: Designed to celebrate the entry into the third millennium and the 21st century and the first ever giga-coaster. When it opened in 2000, it was the first rollercoaster to top 300 feet, making it the tallest in the world. It also had the longest drop and the fastest speed (up to 93 miles per hour) when it debuted. At night, its silhouette inspires awe and pride among thrill seekers.
- Blue Streak: This coaster is the most classic ride at Cedar Point, and its oldest as well. It opened in 1964 and has been a favorite ever since. The classic nature of this wooden coaster means it’s a little more gentle than some of the modern rides in the park, topping off at 40 miles per hour, and will be a fun experience for people who like some amount of thrill but nothing too stomach-dropping.
Other notable roller coasters at Cedar Point include the Gemini, Maverick, Raptor, Rougarou, Steel Vengeance, and many more!
If heights, slingshots, and enormous swings are more your preference, Cedar Point is the perfect place to get your thrills.
- Power Tower: launch yourself 240 feet into the air and race back down to earth on the square footprint Power Tower. Reaching speeds up to 60 miles per hour, the Power Tower leaves the direction you’re launched in the rider’s hands, giving you the ultimate thrill riding experience.
- Snake River Falls: Get ready to get wet on this wild ride. The Snake River Falls is no ordinary water ride. Reaching a speed of 40 miles per hour, Snake River Falls lifts you 82 feet above the river before taking you on the super-soaked plunge.
- Slingshot: Reaching speeds up to 62 miles per hour, defy gravity on this 360-foot slingshot! This ride will have you feeling weightless and free as you spin and flip back towards the ground. Once your heart rate recovers, the Slingshot will have you coming back for more.
- Skyhawk: This is no ordinary swing set. The Skyhawk towers at 103-feet and will completely change the way you look at a playground swing. The pendulum whips you back and forth at speeds of up to 65 miles per hour as you soar more than 12 stories in the air.
- MaXair: this 70 miles per hour pendulum swings in a 120 degree path. The spinning and rotation at fast speeds can, at times bring on feelings of weightlessness and pure joy. This is one of only two rides like this in the entire United States, so make sure to check out Cedar Point to try it out.
Take the kids to Cedar Point for some one-of-a-kind family rides that everyone can enjoy.
- Antique Cars: Step back in time on the Antique Cars where you get to drive replicas of a 1910 Cadillac Touring Car. So, parents, sit back and relax while the kids drive you through the 20th Century, the golden age for the automobile.
- Cedar Creek Mine Ride: Get your cowboy hats and boots on, because the Cedar Creek Mine Ride transports you to the Wild West as it soars up hills, through tunnels, and over water. Experience the Gold Rush like never before in Cedar Point’s very own Frontier Town.
- Kite Eating Tree: This Charlie Brown-themed drop ride designed for kids (the height requirement is between 36 and 54 inches) will lift, jiggle, and bounce your kids up and down the 20-foot tall ride. If you’re trying to ease your little ones into more thrilling rides, this one is a great primer, and they’ll be proud of the fact that they rode it all by themselves.
- Sky Ride: Take a seat and relax while taking in the fantastic view from Cedar Point’s Sky Ride. From 92 feet in the air, you can look from all angles at Cedar Point, the nearby Lake Erie, and the gardens below you. It’s an excellent way to get across and around the park without walking, and a great way to see the surrounding area for longer than you’d be able to from the peak of a rollercoaster.
With 72 amazing rides, you and your family will enjoy a day of adventure and thrills! Rollers coasters, thrill rides, family rides, and water rides will have you coming back again and again to experience the unique spectacle that is Cedar Point.
For the best deals on Cedar Point tickets, the lowest prices on packages and hotels, and amazing savings on travel, call 1 (800) 434-7894 (international callers use +1 (619) 546-5622) to speak with an aRes Travel planning expert seven days a week, or book online now.